Charter on Patient Safety
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where staff can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients.
As a member of CODE, I am kept up to date with the latest guidelines and regulations. We use the CODE Infection Prevention Kit for the control and prevention of cross infection. To achieve this:
- We follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Department of Health
- All dental instruments are either single use or sterilized after use Work areas, the dental chair and handles are decontaminated in between patients
- All staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Staff who may have a blood borne infection have an occupational health examination and take expert advice on their role in treating patients
- Practice water is monitored for quality and dental unit waterlines are maintained
- Waste is handled according to current regulations and disposed of with appropriate carriers
We run a clinical governance system from CODE which uses integrated risk management to identify, assess, analyse and manage of all risks and incidents. The goal is continuous improvement in our care and service to you.
As the Registered Manager, I have overall responsibility at the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. We always welcome questions, comments and suggestions from patients. Please contact the Practice Manager if we can help you in any way.
Name: Christine Constant
You can read our full complaints procedure here.
Rickmansworth Orthodontic Practice Limited Registered address:
7 Jardine House
Harrovian Business Village