ADULTS AND CHILDREN
- 1.Rickmansworth Orthodontics complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 when dealing with all data received from visitors to the site.
- 2.Any data you give us is only used for the purposes described in our entry on the Data Protection Register.
- 3.We only hold personal data for as long as necessary. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files.
- 4.We never sell, rent or exchange email addresses.
- 5.In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
- 6.All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us.
Charter on Patient Safety
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where staff can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients.
As a member of CODE, I am kept up to date with the latest guidelines and regulations. We use the CODE Infection Prevention Kit for the control and prevention of cross infection. To achieve this:
- We follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Department of Health
- All dental instruments are either single use or sterilized after use Work areas, the dental chair and handles are decontaminated in between patients
- All staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Staff who may have a blood borne infection have an occupational health examination and take expert advice on their role in treating patients
- Practice water is monitored for quality and dental unit waterlines are maintained
- Waste is handled according to current regulations and disposed of with appropriate carriers
We run a clinical governance system from CODE which uses integrated risk management to identify, assess, analyse and manage of all risks and incidents. The goal is continuous improvement in our care and service to you.
As the Registered Manager, I have overall responsibility at the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. We always welcome questions, comments and suggestions from patients. Please contact the Practice Manager if we can help you in any way.
Name: Christine Constant
You can read our full complaints procedure here.